One of APRD’s priorities is helping Alger County youth live healthy, happy lives! Throughout the year, we offer a variety of programming for youth and families. For current and upcoming class offerings, see our Calendar. Below, find a summary of our seasonal programming.
Membership (Youth Contract) is not required for participation in classes. To participate in a class, register now! (Also, Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles: You can purchase a Gift Certificate today for that special someone!) For info on fees, learn more here.
Programs & Activities
This list is intended to give you a general idea of our past annual program schedule so that you and your child can consider how to get involved! For our current class offerings, see the Calendar!
- Youth Recreation Contract– Youth are allowed into the Central Community Center Gymnasium and may participate in various programming with the approval of APRD and adult supervision/instructor/coach. Youth sign a contract and verify understanding of Central Community Center rules. Membership is immediately revoked without refund with any infractions.
- Swimming Lessons Winter Session — Sign up in early December.
- Water Aerobics — Sign up– Coming Soon.
- Karate -Sign up in February.
- Baseball — sign up in March.
- T-Ball — sign up in March.
- DayKamp — sign up in April.
- Soccer — sign up in April.
- Youth Flag Football — Sign up in July.
- Swim Lessons Fall Session — Sign up September.
- Gymnastics– Sign up in September.