Alger Parks and Recreation Department, Inc. (APRD) is a partnership between Munising Township, Grand Island Township, and City of Munising. The voting membership on the board consists of representatives from these partners. Ex-officio members of the board are from Munising Public Schools, the U.S. Forest Service, the National Park Service, and the Michigan DNR. These dedicated folks meet on a monthly basis to oversee the operation of APRD.
APRD board meetings are held on the second Thursday of every month at 3:15 p.m. at the APRD Office, 413 Maple Street (Central Community Center), Munising, MI. Also, this is SUBJECT to CHANGE.
Public attendance is welcome and encouraged.
- APRD President – Mike Nettleton (City of Munising Rep)
- APRD Vice President – Robert Wilkinson (City Of Munising Rep)
- APRD Treasurer – Lisa Howard (Munising Township Rep)
- Member at Large – Dallas Post (City of Munising Rep)
- Member at Large – Johanna Bogater ( City of Munising Rep)
- Director – Sheena Malone
- Daykamp Director – Kimi Schierschmidt