Central Community Center Facilities
Alger Parks and Recreation Department oversees the Central Community Center (located in the old Central Elementary School). Central Community Center houses the following APRD facilities. If you’re interested in renting/reserving a space for your event, learn more here:
- Fuzzy Fitness Center – Home to our weight and exercise equipment, this 3,500 square foot facility has lots of windows for natural light!
- Superior Playland Indoor Playground – This indoor play space is a boon to parents and their small kids — on rainy days or in the depths of winter, it’s so nice to have a roomy, fun-filled indoor play space!
- Conference Room – Need a place to hold a small meeting?! This popular space hosts lots of groups.
- Art Room – This space hosts community arts, meetings and card club.
- Day Kamp Room – Our summer Day Kamp is headquartered in this sunny room!
- Kabana Room – Located across the hall from Head Start and the Superior Playland Indoor Playground, the Kabana Room is the perfect place for youth meetings or birthday parties!
- Central Gymnasium – Pickle ball anyone? Volleyball league? Shoot some hoops? Host a craft fair? International dinner? Located adjacent to the Kitchen and Playland, this multi-purpose space offers something for everyone!
- Yoga Studio – This serene space hosts our yoga, meditation and other mind/body classes and workshops.
In addition, the Central Community Center hosts rental spaces for the following organizations:
- Alger County Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS)
- Alger Regional Community Foundation (ARCF)
- Alger Marquette Community Action Board (AMCAB) – Head Start
- Alger Office of the Women’s Center
- Child and Family Services (CFS) – Alger Communities that Care Coalition (AC3)
- Michigan Works
- Munising Chiropractic
- Tribal Walking Track – We are proud to partner with the Sault Ste. Marie Tribe of Chippewa Indians, who make available to the community the walking track located on the 3rd floor of the Tribal Health Center, 622 West Superior Street, Munising, MI. An elevator is available for access. The track is open Monday through Friday, 4:30 – 8 pm, year round.